Why and How to Build a Magnetic Personal Brand
Have you ever wondered why some freelancers always seem to land the best clients? Think Jasmin Alic, a copywriter for Fortune 500 clients, or Kayla Ihrig, a blog writer for the likes of GoDaddy, Yahoo!, or HubSpot. Their secret weapon isn't just their skill. It's something much more profound - their personal brand!
Jasmin is huge on LinkedIn and Kayla on Pinterest.
Imagine your personal brand as an invisible business card - it's not just about what you do; it's about who you are and why you do it. When you nail this, you attract not any clients but the right clients. You know, the ones who value your work, respect your expertise and are a joy to work with.
Here's a quick, actionable roadmap for you:
1. Find your Unique Selling Proposition (USP): What makes you and your solution different or special? Mix skills, unique approach/personality, and interests for the win. Pinpoint your USP and let it take center stage.
2. Tell Your Personal Story: Authenticity is the word of the hour in 2023. Clients love freelancers who are genuine and relatable. So, share your story – how you got here, your highs, your lows, your inspiration. It's a great way to connect more with your clients and audience.
3. Keep it Consistent: Consistency is the secret sauce to branding. Let your USP and your story reflect consistently across all your communication channels. Your website, social media, emails, and even your invoices!
4. Embrace Video: Videos are hot in 2023! Use short videos on your website and social media to let your personality shine through. A quick tour of your workspace, a sneak peek into your process, or a personal greeting can do wonders to build a bond with your clients.
5. Harness the Power of Social Proof: Gather and showcase case studies and testimonials from your clients. Positive feedback is a testament to your skills and reliability.
6. Build a Community: Use your brand to foster a sense of community. This could be your LinkedIn profile, a private group, or a newsletter where you share tips and updates and interact with your followers.
7. Continuous Learning and Adaptation: Trends change; ensure you do too. Keep learning, adapting, and evolving your brand to stay relevant. More valid than ever in the age of AI.
Build a Story Brand with the help of Donald Miller
Our friend, Donald Miller, has some wisdom on this topic. In his book "Building a StoryBrand," he emphasizes the importance of creating a narrative around your brand.
He explains that the most compelling brands are the ones that tell a captivating story. A story where the client is the hero, and you are the wise guide who helps the hero overcome challenges and reach their goals.
So, dig deep and craft your brand story. Share your struggles, triumphs, and the unique journey leading to your current place.
Let's kick your personal branding into gear!
Your challenge this week:
Create a one-sentence statement that captures the essence of your personal brand.
Think of it as the tagline for your freelancing business – it should encompass what you do, who you serve, and how you're different.
So, go on, show the world the real you. And watch as your freelancing journey skyrockets!
For extra accountability, reply to this email with your one-sentence statement, and I will give you my thoughts on it.
Here are 3 bonus tools and resources I believe you'll find helpful as well:
Until Next Week,
Whenever you're ready, this is how I can help:
I share actionable, no-fluff free content, on: LinkedIn, Newsletter and The Nomad Solopreneur Show.
1:1 Clarity Call (less free)
Only 8 slots are available each month. First come, first served. I will guide you to see hidden growth opportunities in your business or life, ensuring you don't leave money on the table and have enough time left to enjoy it as you please. Book your Clarity Call now.
Money Making Websites (paid)
Escape the Social Media Matrix with tailor-made Marketing Strategies and Custom Websites that turn followers into customers. Own your digital real estate.