Streamline your business by turning your service into a product.
Productized services are a remarkable way of offering services as a freelancer. In a productized service model, you can package your services into a standardized offering you deliver to clients in a predictable and repeatable manner. These services are usually pre-defined, with set pricing and clear deliverables.
The most significant benefits of productized services are:
- Consistency: By offering a productized service, you ensure that each client receives the same high-quality service. This consistency builds trust with your clients and helps you establish a strong reputation for delivering exceptional work.
- Efficiency: Because productized services are standardized, you can create a workflow that makes it easier to provide your services more quickly and effectively. This saves you time and effort and allows you to take on more clients without sacrificing quality.
- Scalability: A productized service model allows you to scale your business without worrying about diminishing quality. You can delegate work to others or create a system for automating parts of your workflow, allowing you to grow your business without being limited by your capacity.
- Predictable revenue: By pricing your services upfront and predictably delivering them, you can create a reliable revenue stream for your business. This helps you plan and budget for future growth and gives you greater financial stability.
- Easier marketing: When you have a productized service, you have a clear and concise offering that you can use to promote your business. This makes it easier to create marketing materials, pitch your services to potential clients, and establish yourself as an expert in your field.
The opportunities coming out of this approach to selling services can change how you sell your services once and for all.
Stop working inside your business.
There are just 24h in a day. Working inside your business won't get you far. No matter if you plan to exit your business at some point or focus on the things you enjoy, in today's recommended resource, I have a book for you that changed my perception about providing services. Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow is a must-read to productize your services.
The author states that you should focus on three things if you want to be able to move out of the execution part of things.
Your services must be:
- Teachable: choose services you can teach others to deliver.
- Valuable: avoid competing on price by focusing on doing one thing better than anyone else.
- Repeatable: generate recurring revenue by creating services that customers must repurchase often.
Here's a quick action plan for you to consider this week:
- Choose a service that you already offer or one that you are passionate about and have expertise in.
- Create a clear and well-defined service offering or package that includes a fixed price, an exact time frame, and a transparent process for delivering the service.
Send me a message and let me know what you came out with. I would love to give my 2 cents on it.
Until next week,
Whenever you're ready, this is how I can help:
I share actionable, no-fluff free content, on: LinkedIn, Newsletter and The Nomad Solopreneur Show.
1:1 Clarity Call (less free)
Only 8 slots are available each month. First come, first served. I will guide you to see hidden growth opportunities in your business or life, ensuring you don't leave money on the table and have enough time left to enjoy it as you please. Book your Clarity Call now.
Money Making Websites (paid)
Escape the Social Media Matrix with tailor-made Marketing Strategies and Custom Websites that turn followers into customers. Own your digital real estate.