7 Strategies to Balance Client Work and Business Growth
As a freelancer, managing client work alongside marketing and business development tasks can be tough. To maintain a healthy balance, consider implementing the following strategies:
- Time management: Use a calendar or project management tools to set aside special time for marketing and business growth. This helps you stay focused on what's important.
- Prioritize tasks: Find out which marketing and business tasks matter most, like networking or creating content, and do those first.
- Delegate or outsource: Hire people like virtual assistants to help with tasks such as social media management or writing content. This gives you more time to focus on your most important work.
- Automate processes: Use tools and software to make tasks like onboarding clients, email marketing, or social media posting easier and faster.
- Set Goals: Create clear goals for marketing and business growth. Break them into smaller tasks and keep track of your progress.
- Build a Routine: Make a daily or weekly routine that includes client work and marketing/business tasks. This helps you create good habits.
- Set boundaries: Tell your clients when you're available and set realistic project deadlines. This stops you from doing too much work and leaves time for marketing and business growth.
Try these strategies, find the ones that work best for you, and see your freelance business succeed.
Work-life Balance in a Remote World
A few weeks ago, I had the chance to interview Lavinia Iosub for The Nomad Solopreneur Show. A remote work pioneer, she gave a short masterclass on work-life balance that's a must-listen, beginning at 15 min time-stamp and starts like this:
"I think the most important thing is that you have to acquire that mindset that you are in charge, you are the adult in the room. There's no one else who's going to take care of any of this and it's easy to just say that, okay, yeah, now I'm in charge and whatever, but what does that really mean at a practical level?"
Give it a listen, apply what works for you, and thank her later.
This week's challenge is simple to apply and can have substantial long-term benefits. Block 1 hour each work day in your calendar for Business Growth activities, like Marketing, Strategizing, or Building Partnerships. Make it non-negotiable.
Here are 3 bonus tools and resources I believe you'll find helpful as well:
- Supercharge your workflow with productivity tools like ClickUp that allow you to focus without distractions.
- Diversify your client sources using some of these 30 Prove Strategies to find Clients I put together for you.
- Grow your audience, attract new customers, and reach your social media goals with Sendible, an all-in-one platform.
Until next week,
Whenever you're ready, this is how I can help:
I share actionable, no-fluff free content, on: LinkedIn, Newsletter and The Nomad Solopreneur Show.
1:1 Clarity Call (less free)
Only 8 slots are available each month. First come, first served. I will guide you to see hidden growth opportunities in your business or life, ensuring you don't leave money on the table and have enough time left to enjoy it as you please. Book your Clarity Call now.
Money Making Websites (paid)
Escape the Social Media Matrix with tailor-made Marketing Strategies and Custom Websites that turn followers into customers. Own your digital real estate.